Tyson Fury has publicly warned that his much‑anticipated showdown with fellow British heavyweight Anthony Joshua could be in serious jeopardy after Joshua’s camp reportedly demanded a larger payday. The two champions have been negotiating a November bout that many fans hope will finally settle the long‑standing rivalry, with New York’s Madison Square Garden being floated as the most likely venue. However, Fury recently posted a video on social media suggesting that the deal might fall apart because Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, is pressing for additional funds. In the clip, Fury explained that the negotiations have hit a snag and that the fight might not materialise if the financial demands are not met.

He said, “Quick update for you. It doesn’t look like they are going to sign the fight and it doesn’t look like it is going to happen all because Eddie Hearn wants more money.” Fury went on to accuse the Joshua camp of repeatedly asking for extra cash from Saudi billionaire Turki Al‑Alshikh, who has been a major financial backer for both fighters over the past few years. He added, “They have already received huge sums from Turki for boxing, darts, snooker and other events, and yet they still have the audacity to ask for more.” The dispute has sparked a flurry of commentary across the boxing world. Sky Sports reported that Joshua has already signed a contract for the fight, but that the final details are still being ironed out by Matchroom Boxing.

Matchroom’s CEO, Frank Smith, told reporters that the week was “critical” for the negotiations, but he remained hopeful that an agreement could be reached. He said, “It would be disappointing if the fight does not take place in the UK, but the most important thing is that the fight happens at all. We are following the terms we signed, which originally stipulated a UK venue, but we are also looking at MSG as a possible alternative.” Smith explained that the proposed shift to Madison Square Garden is being considered in conjunction with discussions involving the Ring Magazine and a Saudi delegation that is eager to host high‑profile events.

He added that a November date is still on the table, but that the next seven to ten days are crucial for finalising the logistics, securing the venue, and allowing both fighters enough time to enter a proper training camp. “We need to get the fighters into camp with an eight‑to‑ten‑week preparation period, away from promotional obligations, if we are to make this happen,” he said. The background to this standoff dates back to 2021, when Fury and Joshua first attempted to lock in a bout. Those talks collapsed after a U.S.

judge ruled that Fury was contractually obligated to complete a trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder. That legal hurdle delayed any further progress on the Fury‑Joshua showdown for several years.

Now, with the Wilder saga resolved, both camps have revived the negotiations, but the financial aspect appears to be the latest obstacle. Fury’s manager, Spencer Brown, expressed his own concerns about the lack of a firm announcement. Speaking to Sky Sports, Brown said, “Everyone has a bit of doubt in their mind at the moment. If you had asked me a week ago, I would have said the fight was unlikely, but now the delay is worrying.

We need to get this fight on the calendar.” He emphasized that both fighters stand to benefit financially and sportingly from a head‑to‑head clash, and that the boxing community is eager to see the two giants finally meet in the ring. The financial dispute centers on the purse that each fighter expects to receive. Joshua’s camp is reportedly seeking a higher share than initially agreed, citing the global appeal of the bout and the potential revenue from ticket sales, pay‑per‑view, and sponsorships.

Fury, meanwhile, has hinted that the current offer does not reflect the value he brings to the event, especially given his recent victories and his status as a major draw in the sport. The involvement of Turki Al‑Alshikh adds another layer of complexity, as his investment has been instrumental in facilitating high‑profile fights in Saudi Arabia and elsewhere, and both promoters are keen to maintain a good relationship with his delegation. If the fight does move to Madison Square Garden, it would mark a significant shift from the original plan to host the match in the United Kingdom. While a UK venue would please British fans and preserve the domestic rivalry narrative, a New York location could open the fight to a broader international audience and potentially generate higher gate receipts.

The decision will likely hinge on which arrangement offers the best financial return for both fighters and their promoters, while also satisfying the contractual obligations already in place. In addition to the purse negotiations, there are logistical concerns that need to be addressed. The fighters must agree on a training schedule that allows them to prepare adequately without interference from promotional duties.

Both camps have stressed the importance of an eight‑to‑ten‑week dedicated camp, which means that any delay in finalising the contract could compress the training window and affect performance. Moreover, the regulatory bodies in the UK, US, and Saudi Arabia will need to approve the bout, ensuring that all health and safety protocols are met.

The boxing community continues to watch the developments closely. Fans have taken to social media to voice their frustration at the ongoing delays, with many calling for both sides to compromise and bring the fight to fruition. Commentators have highlighted that a Fury‑Joshua clash would be one of the biggest events in heavyweight boxing in recent memory, potentially rivaling the historic bouts of the past decade.

In summary, the proposed Fury‑Joshua fight remains in a state of uncertainty due to a financial disagreement over the fighters’ purses. While a contract has been signed and negotiations are ongoing, the next week will be decisive in determining whether the bout can proceed as planned in November, whether it will be moved to Madison Square Garden, or whether it will be postponed indefinitely.

All parties—fighters, promoters, and investors—are under pressure to find a mutually acceptable solution that satisfies contractual obligations, financial expectations, and the desire of fans worldwide to finally witness this heavyweight showdown.